Artemis Search Partners is currently seeking an Outside Sales Consultant for its client, a leading and innovative internet software and services company. Our client is expanding its product portfolio and seeking accomplished and experienced, outside Sales Representatives for a highly consultative role. Our client's Outside Sales Consultants will have the autonomy to work from a home office with equipment supplied by the company. You will receive the compensation, expense reimbursement, allowances, benefits and perks associated with an experienced, consultative outside sales role. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work for a leader in the industry forming consultative relationships while offering an exciting and innovate solution supported by emerging technology.
Job Title: Outside Sales Consultant
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Status: Full-Time, Permanent opportunity
Compensation: Competitive base salary with generous bonus potential achieved by accomplishing specific deliverables.
Benefits and Perks: Full and comprehensive health benefits, 401(k), PTO, etc. Company to provide computer for home office and iPad for mobile use. Expense reimbursement account, cell phone reimbursement/allowance and car allowance also offered.
The Sales Consultant is an individual who excels at driving the adoption of a new business model, developing and maintaining long-term partnerships, while maximizing and optimizing revenue. This person will develop in-depth understanding of the company's business line services and identify solutions for selected Business Partners.
- Assesses new business opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively, evaluating fit, and helping develop complete business plan to new Service Provider partners.
- Presents new business opportunities, strategies, budgets, and long range plans to potential business partners.
- Develops and maintains new and ongoing business relationships.
- Performs quarterly analysis and business reviews to ensure partnership is mutually beneficial.
- Provides technical assistance to Service Providers during implementation and provides ongoing training.
- Ensures Service Provider Business Partners understand the company's processes and communicates important initiatives, including new products and services.
- Provides in-field conflict resolution.
- Performs competitive differentiation of local business model and revenue.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares documents.
- Recommends solutions based on Service Provider needs.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in business, management, sales, entrepreneurship or related field strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience serving as a full-cycle sales and account manager in a consultative, face to face environment.
- 5+ years of experience in sales role providing service solutions highly preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience in manufacturing or e-commerce advertising highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with all levels of leadership.
- 5+ years of experience using negotiation skills to initiate and drive business partner relationships.
- 5+ years of business case development and analysis.
- Experience with SalesForce.com.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to travel extensively in your regional market & corporate/training events periodically throughout the year.
- Knowledge of sales best practices and sales metrics required.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and spoken (effective and clear).
- Strong skills in problem solving and customer service.
- Ability to handle ongoing rejection and persevere.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for sales/persuasion and solving problems.
- Ability to be versatile, flexible and handle multiple changes and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to work in a metric driven environment and remain goal oriented.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, creative thinking and decision making.
- Strong computer skills are required in MS Office, internet, email, and phone systems.
- Ability to maintain an entrepreneurial state of mind.
- Ability to be highly organized with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, have attention to detail, accurately follow procedures, maintain confidential information and remember important pieces of information.
- Ability to maintain self motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
- This role will require frequent travel, with approximately one overnight per week in the territory.
- Average territory will cover two major, neighboring metropolitan areas.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants that do not meet minimum requirements will not be contacted or considered for the opportunity.
Should you meet minimum qualifications, a member of our recruitment team will contact you directly.